Everyone loves a good sad song. That drake assortment that fits your emo mood. Those songs that make you feel guilt free about doing nothing and going through a bottle of wine before 9pm. The Sade cry in the mirror songs. Everyone has those moments. Those “in your feelings” moments.
If you’re like me, you just don’t have time for those moments. I’m far too busy to indulge in feeling sorry for myself. As much as I would love to listen to my 90s don’t leave me playlist, or the infinite amount of Drake and Jhene songs, I just can’t lose the time. Plus, I just don’t want to.
Instead of listening to songs that keep me in my feelings, I listen to songs that uplift me and make me feel awesome about myself. They are songs that encourage a little cockiness or flat out just make me want to dance.
Get out yo feelings, check out my playlist, Share with me yours for your bad days.
- Classic man- Jidenna
- If You Dare- Jasmine Sullivan
- Alright- Kendrick
- See Line Woman- Nina Symone
- Yoga- Janelle Monae
- It was a good day- Ice Cube
- Smile- Kirk Franklin
- Feelin’ Myself- Nicki Minaj ft. Beyonce
- This is how we do it- Montell Jordan
- I’m Every Woman- Whitney Houston
- Smile- Boosie
- 5 Star- Yo Gotti
- Happy- Pharrell
- I don’t get tired- Kevin Gates
- IDFWU- Big Sean
- Yonce- Beyonce
- Flawless- Beyonce
- Get Right- Jennifer Lopez
- Trap Queen- Fetty Wap
- Some Type of Way- Rich Home Quan
- Post to be- Omarion
- Eff up some Commas- Future
***Don’t question my playlist. Just know it works for me. 😉